Thanksgiving: The Pilgrims Had Every Reason To Break Into A Dinner Table Jerry Springer Free-For-All…Instead They Gave Thanks
For some people, the holidays stink: They hate holidays. It means spending time with their family they would prefer to never see, and when holidays with family arrive, holidays turn into a feast of “you did this, you said that, and my life sucks because of you” Jerry Springer free-for-all.
Yes, that’s what the Pilgrims were so thankful to God for: Ripping into each other over the horrid trip across the ocean with nothing but salted fish and stagnate water!
“Had Scrooby Church not dissented against the Anglican Church, the King and that British Parliamentary laws that held us down with threats of prison if we didn’t adhere to the Church of England’s rules, we would be safe and comfy at home in England and not freezing, dying, and starving in the wilds of an isolated sandbar surrounded by endless forest and desolation. We hate you John Carver! Drown him!
After a treacherous two month trip across the Atlantic, half the Mayflower passengers died on Cape Cod from cold and hunger. They never resorted to anger, those left were thankful they survived.
The Pilgrims left England because the Monarchy and Church persecuted the Scrooby Church (the early dissenters, Puritans from Scrooby, England) for their belief in following the Gospel, not the Church or the King’s edicts.
The Pilgrims were ordered to give up their belief or all be imprisoned for life.
The Scroobys fled to secular Holland, but peace only lasted ten years, because Holland was secular and war with Catholic Spain was looming.
The Pilgrims could not return to England unless they gave up the Gospel, so they decided to start a new colony in the Americas. But this meant giving up a lot: Comfort, settled lands for wilderness, and in the case of William Bradford and his wife Dorothy, they had to leave their four year-old son behind because the journey across the Atlantic was too dangerous–they didn’t know if they would survive and refused to risk their son’s life.
The trip was perilous, but they made it, only to have things become worse: While the Mayflower was anchored off Cape Cod shores, Dorothy fell overboard and drowned. The young mother forced to leave her child behind in England to save his life from a treacherous journey and desolate land where he might not survive, lost hers upon arriving in the New World.
At age 30, William Bradford lost everyone he loved. He was now alone with 100 passengers (all of whom risked everything for religious liberty and personal freedom) on New England’s freezing shores that were about to become far worse than imagined: The Puritans were not prepared for New England’s harsh winters that lasted six months and took many lives.
During the brutal winter of 1620-1621, half the 102 Mayflower passengers died from exposure and starvation. William Bradford was placed in charge as governor of the survivors when John Carver died.
When the Spring of 1621 arrived, two Cape Cod natives, Samoset and Squanto, who joined the Christian faith, visited the surviving Pilgrims, speaking English learned from English traders who visited the shores.
When everything appeared hopeless and survival impossible, the miracle of friendship saved our colonies and joined our people to a new people.
With the help of Samoset and Squanto, Bradford forged a life-long friendship and treaty with the nearby Wampanoag tribe. Bradford called Squanto, “a special instrument sent of God for [our] good . . . and never left [us] till he died.”
Squanto and Samoset showed the Pilgrims how to live in the New England wilds: How to hunt, forage for food, and how to plant in the foreign soil. The Pilgrims were taught tribal laws in order to understand and survive in the new land they would spend their lives in.
Despite what the Left has tried to do to this history that demonstrates true friendship, the Pilgrims were thankful for the Wampanoag’s friendship.
No, the Pilgrims and Cape Cod Indians did not wage war and kill each other. Quite the opposite: They shared neighborly affection, friendship, respect, they helped one another, they traded, they shared, they learned from each other, and their lives were peaceful, not bloodshed.
The Pilgrims lost so many loved ones after arriving, they were thankful they survived. And in 1621, the two peoples gave thanks together.
Do we? Are we thankful for the food we have on the table each day? Do we give thanks for waking up each day?
Are we thankful for family? Many have lost loved ones and only have friends. We who have family should be thankful if.
Maybe your family is a Jerry Springer free-for-all that makes you wish you were Dorothy Bradford. You cannot change them, but you can find something to be thankful for: Your health, you’re being alive, do you have a job when many do not?
Do you have good friends? Do you have a good church?
If you have anything good in your life, you’re blessed, and whatever family problems you have, you need to take them God and ask Him to bless your family and the Thanksgiving dinner, rather than planning for a fight and giving into anything that causes more dissention and grief.
Half the Mayflower passengers died from exposure. Bradford’s wife fell overboard and drown upon arriving on Cape Cod, he was separated from his child in order that his son would not die in the New World that looked hopeless. The grief these people suffered was the worst: they lost loved ones, yet, when Spring arrived, the survivors chose to thank God for helping them through their suffering:
And thus they found the Lord to be with them in all their
ways, and to bless their outgoings & incomings, for which
let his holy name have the praise for ever, to all posterity.William Bradford
The Democrat’s True Opinion of American Blacks: “Because A Waste Is A Terrible Thing To Give A Mind!”
Let’s go over a few reason the Republicans should never work with the Democrats and black Americans should refuse to vote Democrat. Democrats and the Left view black Americans as second class citizens only useful when it comes to electing Democrats to power. Beyond that, Democrats hold blacks down in illiteracy and poverty and modern-day slavery and segregation called the ghetto that never seems to become luxurious or wealthy.
That’s because “A Waste is a Terrible Thing to Give A Mind!”
Democrats have done everything possible to destroy black Americans by hurling them headlong into life-long poverty, because Democrats work against prosperity and liberty for black Americans. Why; because Democrats lost the battle against keeping blacks plantations in slavery, and Democrats further lost the battle to keep blacks segregated–even though they have found a way to make blacks the permanent underclass in this country through minimum wage and welfare and modern-day plantations–Housing Projects.
Republicans; that alone is a first-class and noble reason why Republicans should never work with Democrats: They are the party of racism, slavery and segregation.
Let’s look at the so-called party of Civil Rights that has undermined black Americans for centuries.
1. Abraham Lincoln was the man who emancipated blacks and destroyed slavery with the Emancipation Proclamation. 2. Frederick Douglas, a close friend of Lincoln was a life-long Republican who detested the Democrat Party.
3. The KKK was started by the Democrats and the Southern Democrats known as Dixiecrats were your cross-burning lynch mobs.
4. Franklin Roosevelt held so much disdain for blacks that he created the government dependency that has created black poverty in America. The New Deal stopped black achievement right in its tracks and has destroyed generations of Americans who once were a large portion of the Middle Class.
When have the Democrats ever helped black Americans? Well, they helped them into segregation after Democrats fought against the Emancipation Proclamation being singed, and Democrats fought against the 1965 Civil Rights Act that Republicans had to force President Lyndon Johnson to sign against his segregationist will.
5. Democrats (especially the Southern Democrat leaders known as Dixiecrats) were against the Voting Rights Act that allowed blacks to vote. Lyndon Johnson pretended he was all for voting rights to blacks, but if that’s true, he never would have been forced to sign the Civil Rights Act. Johnson was a typical Democrat who knew how to talk the talk that would keep Democrats looking like the champions of blacks, despite always being the opposite.
Just a side note to all you gays who assume the Democrats adore you: Lyndon Johnson and the Democrats did not want homosexuals working in the government. Johnson had his Special Assistant Bill Moyers ask “the FBI to investigate two additional administration figures thought to have homosexual tendencies.” Republicans like me, who do not support same-sex-marriage, will be the first to admit that it’s none of our business if someone is gay or straight, and no one should be fired for that reason. Nor do politicians have the right to deny jobs because someone is homosexual. But Johnson and Democrat cronies like Bill Moyers hated gays and wanted them removed from the workplace.
Johnson and Moyers also went after black American Reverend Martin Luther King, Jr.:
[Moyers’] part in Lyndon Johnson and J. Edgar Hoover’s bugging of Martin Luther King’s private life, the leaks to the press and diplomatic corps, the surveillance of civil rights groups at the 1964 Democratic Convention, and his request for damaging information from Hoover on members of the Goldwater campaign suggest he was not only a good soldier but a gleeful retainer feeding the appetites of Lyndon Johnson.
In other words, keep those blacks at the back of the bus, and don’t let them off to vote!
6. When it came to blacks voting and the Civil Rights Act, Johnson said:
These Negroes, they’re getting uppity these days. That’s a problem for us, since they got something now they never had before. The political pull to back up their upityness. Now, we’ve got to do something about this. We’ve got to give them a little something. Just enough to quiet them down, but not enough make a difference. If we don’t move at all, their allies will line up against us. And there’ll be no way to stop them. It’ll be Reconstruction all over again.
If Democrats were pro- Civil Rights for blacks, they never would have committed this violation of the Constitution against black Americans. But they did, and they still do.
7. President John F. Kennedy was against the Civil Rights Act and voted against it when he was Senator. Kennedy opposed the 1963 Civil Rights March on Washington and was no fan or friend of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Kennedy and his brother Robert F. Kennedy were so against King and the Civil Rights Movement, they had King wiretapped and falsely accused Dr. King of being a communist in order to destroy King’s reputation and legacy.
How many kids in the 1970s grew up believing Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. was a communist? We all did thanks to JFK!
8. It was not Kennedy who came to the aid of King when he was imprisoned in Birmingham, and Richard Nixon tried, but had his hands tied, because the Dixiecrat Democrat ran roughshod over Republicans, so Kennedy’s Civil Rights Advisor Harris Wofford went behind Kennedy’s back and secretly got King released from prison. Kennedy was furious, but rather than admit to his disdain of King, Kennedy and the Democrats took false credit for freeing King.
7. It should be noted that Martin Luther King was in fact a Republican and Democrats hated his guts. Now they take credit for his life and legacy as if it is a Democrat legacy, when it the Democrats who tried to destroy King.
8. Richard Nixon was not an anti-black segregationist, nor was Barry Goldwater, rather, both were pro-Civil Rights, but up against heavy aggression from Democrats whose power controlled the South.
9. It must also be noted that Southern whites in general were against segregation, but had no power over Democrat controlled leadership that included the KKK–the lynching arm of the Democrat Party. Southern whites fought against segregation because segregation was economically bad for all, especially in a region that was economically broke and poor after the Civil War. Look what Thomas Sowell says of segregation and white Southerners:
The incentives of the economic system and the incentives of the political system were not only different [in the South], they clashed. Private owners of streetcar, bus, and railroad companies in the South lobbied against the Jim Crow laws while these laws were being written, challenged them in the courts after the laws were passed, and then dragged their feet in enforcing those laws after they were upheld by the courts. These tactics delayed the enforcement of Jim Crow seating laws for years in some places. Then company employees began to be arrested for not enforcing such [segregation] laws and at least one president of a streetcar company was threatened with jail if he didn’t comply [with segregation]. None of this resistance was based on a desire for civil rights for blacks. It was based on a fear of losing money if racial segregation caused black customers to use public transportation less often than they would have in the absence of this affront…
In other words, Civil Rights was never fought against by white Southerners, it was the Democrat leaders who fought against Civil Rights. The people understood that whether or not you liked blacks or blacks liked whites, you destroy an economy by not allowing Americans to interact economically.
Not allowing part of the population to interact on an economical and educational level only served to hold the South down in poverty for decades to come. The South can thank the Democrats for that.
10. The Republican Party has always believed black Americans have the same Second Amendment rights as whites, but Democrats are the party that have always banned blacks from gun ownership.
11. It was the NRA that armed Southern Blacks and the Deacons For Defense during the segregation era tostop the KKK from murdering blacks.
Black Americans can thank Democrats for nearly a century now of modern slavery–Public Housing– that has segregated and held blacks down in poverty and illiteracy and convinced blacks that minimum wage is a great thing despite the fact it was set up to create a permanent underclass that cannot compete on the skills level.
It’s time the Republicans start shoving these truths in the faces of every America while slamming the Democrat Party for its racist disdain of black Americans they continue to hold down economically.
Note: I’ve given readers a short list of the democrat Party’s crimes against black Americans, but for the entire history of what democrats have done to blacks and why blacks should never vote democrat, go to the National Black Republicans at http://www.nationalblackrepublicans.com for in depth scholarly research on the true history of the Democrat Party’s long and continued legacy of racism against black Americans .